1.10.2009

Welcome Emily Kathryn Barrow

Where do I even begin. This week has been such a whirlwind but in the best way ever. I know everyone wants to see pictures, but I at least want to tell the story first. On January 5th (Monday) I was officially 38 weeks. I began to get concerned in the afternoon because I had not felt EmK move -- or couldn't remember feeling her move. So Jordan and I headed to Brookwood to have a stress test. Everything looked great and other than a few contractions showing up we were good to go home. Jordan cooked a nice dinner and we settled in to a night of tv. Around 9:00 I started having contractions and started timing them. In the meantime, I made sure to wash my hair just in case what I was feeling was true labor -- I've had this obsession about having clean hair when I go to the hospital. I called the doctor around 10:45pm when the contractions were coming and was told that I needed to wait until they were 5 minutes apart for at least an hour -- that seemed like forever to me. However, we continued to wait until around 12:30am when they were officially 5 minutes apart for an hour and were told to head to the hospital.

Once we got to the hospital the contractions were steady, about 4 minutes apart. We settled into our room and saw the doctor at around 7:45am. It was a LONG night!!! I wasn't prepared for how bad the contractions were going to be. I guess nobody can really prepare you for that, but still. At 8:00am I got an epidural (AMAZING) and the rest was a piece of cake. At 11:45am I was told we would start pushing and by 11:54am our sweet girl was here!!!

It is absolutely amazing and indescribable the LOVE I feel for this precious little girl after only 4 days. Jordan and I just stare at her. We feel so blessed and honored that God would bring us each other and allow us to be parents.

I'm sure I could go on and on, but I'll get to the best part....THE PICTURES:)

Emily Kathryn Barrow - 7 pounds 5 ounces - 20 inches in length

















14 comments:

Mamta said...

LOVED the story..I can see you neurotically washing your red hair thinking "must be clean for Emily's arrival!" ...so cute.

Congratulations to you and Jordan! She came even before your first anniversary :)

xoxox

Jenn Cav said...

wow. Amazing and beautiful. I LOVE the one of you looking down at her. I'm a little concerned about the hat she's wearing though... :)
Can't WAIT to meet her!

Dana and Chris Sheheane said...

Carrie and Jordan...she is BEAUTIFUL!!!! I can't wait to hold her again tomorrow! Love y'all! Dana

Anonymous said...

Carrie and Jordan, I couldn't sleep and always go to the computer when I am restless. I was overjoyed to see little Emily Kathryn and hear your birth story. She is so adorable and sweet. I saw pictures you sent to Amberly and she is such a beauty, Natalie prays for Emily Kathryn every day. I can't wait to meet her in person. Love to all three of you, Karen Davis

Anonymous said...

Carrie, I'm so excited for you! Emily Kathryn is beautiful!!!

Karen and Adam Blair said...

She is beautiful! I can't wait to see her in person. I love the pink Bama hat...a true fan! Charlie says, "Welcome to the world, Baby Emily Kathryn!"

Anonymous said...

Carrie,
You told the sweetest story. Emily Kathyrn is beautiful. I can't wait to see more pictures. Love, Joni

Ashley Matteo said...

hey
i am so glad yall are home and doing well. it is amazing how much you can love someone so much so quickly. well she is precious and i loved all the pictures.
ashley

Shannon and Clint said...

She is precious Carrie! I can't wait to meet her soon and introduce her to Hannah Grace!

Minnie said...

Have been looking at your pictures over and over again...how precious! Can't wait to see her in person...hope she will have curly hair! Congratulations to everyone! Dana H.

Anonymous said...

Carrie,

I can't express into words how happy I am for you and Jordan! God has definitely blessed you! She is gorgeous, just like I knew she would be! Your story was beautiful and I am glad you are at home resting. I still think it's neat she was born on my birthday! I can't wait to meet her! Love, Aimee

Anonymous said...

love her red lips & dark hair... she is a looker! love you guys!

memi

Tim and Amberly said...

Congratulations! She is so beautiful! I love the sweet pictures of you and Jordan holding her. You can see so much love! I can't wait to hold her myself.
We love you!
Tim, Amberly & Natalie

Anonymous said...

Congrats, CB. Beautiful little girl. kp