10.31.2009

Happy Halloween

Here's all the things we've been doing to celebrate Halloween (and Fall).

It started in early October when we kicked things off with a Halloween costume party that I blogged about here.

We then decorated our front porch...what's Fall without pumpkins and mums:)



Then we carved a pumpkin with Uncle Josh and Aunt Amy!!











I decided to roast the pumpkin seeds. Did you know that there are very few seeds inside a pumpkin? I thought there would be a ton...but in our pumpkin there were only a few...very delicious though!!



We went to playgroup last week and EmK got to play with friends while dressed in her costume.



Lastly, today I spent the morning cooking White Chicken Chili (thanks Amberly for the recipe) and Jalapeno Cornbread to celebrate Halloween with the Barrow Family. I wanted to make one Halloween treat so....thanks Sandra Lee.....I think my Spiders Bites turned out GREAT!



Emily Kathryn lasted about 15 minutes in her costume (thanks Holley for letting me use Elizabeth's first costume). Jordan took some super cute pictures!!!







2 comments:

Ashley Matteo said...

hey
first of all your porch looks GREAT. i bought some mums on sale a couple weeks ago and they have already died(i guess you get what you pay for). secondly, i want to know how you did your pumpkin seeds. i remember my mom always roasted them and i tried to do that this year but they did not come out good at all. i was a little bummed. lastly, emK was a super cute bunny and those pics of you and her are wonderful!

Anonymous said...

Love the pictures and EmilyK in her costumes. Missed being there with yall. I am having a withdrawal since it has been 2 weeks since I saw yall and it will be another 3 weeks until we are in LA. By the way the pumpkin carving was successful. Love Memee