7.01.2009

Oh, How I Love to Sew!!

I really want to be a great sewer!! I look at things people make and I'm so inspired....but I just don't quite have it down yet. I randomly find blogs of people who sew like crazy and their projects just seem so amazing. I found directions on "appliques using your sewing machine" and I thought they were so cute...and since I don't' have an embroidery machine, I thought I'd give them a try!!! Oh, how I'd LOVE an embroidery machine.

I had some 0-3 month onesies so I decided to make a couple for some friends and try out my new project. I made the girl onesies for Dana's little girl Claire who will be here in October....I really wanted to do her monogram but after cutting out a "C" and thinking about having to sew around that curved letter twice, I opted for an elephant and cross. I still need a little more practice...but I'll get Claire's monogram down before she gets here:) The boy onesie is for my friend Sherie who is due in July. Hope you like them friends:)

My next project is to make some for Emily Kathryn!! Enjoy the pic...they definitely aren't perfect, but that's the point...or so I tell myself:) If anyone would like to try this and would like more details just let me know....or if you have any ideas for some fun shapes that I should try...I'm thinking maybe an owl or giraffe might be cute. Happy sewing!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

How cute!!!!Love them!!!I know how talented you are. Miss yall. memee

The Picardy's said...

Carrie, They turned out great...I think you do a fantastic job and you are a great sewer!!

Shannon said...

Carrie! These turned out so cute :) I love the elephant!!!