9.20.2009

Uncle Josh gets Married

This weekend was busy! Emily Kathryn attended her first wedding...and how super sweet that it was Uncle Josh and Aunt Amy. The wedding took place at the Botanical Gardens and despite fear of rain, it was a dry and beautiful evening!!

Here are some pictures from the wedding. EmK smiled every time the camera lady sneezed at her and she was pretty quiet during the ceremony. However, by the time the reception started she was completely exhausted from the day and ready to call it a night....so luckily I had a good friend on call to pick her up.


This dress was given to EmK when she was born. A friend of the Barrow family made the dress, so I thought it was perfect for a Barrow wedding. I'm sure the professional photos are much better than mine!!


EmK on the move.....did I mention she's crawling? Posting video soon!!


SO CUTE!


Amy looked absolutely beautiful (Josh looked handsome too)...and Amy is always smiling!!


Emily Kathryn loves Papa and really wanted his flower:)


Had to get a quick photo with EmK's Lulu


We have found our tongue:)


Best friends....they can get into so much trouble together:)


EmK loves our friend Joy and her jewelry!!


I have to take a moment to say that I smocked this dress. It was my first project and I've been busy every since. Since it's such a special dress to me, I really wanted her to wear it the first time for a special occasion....and I think Josh's wedding definitely fits that category. Feel free to "zoom in" on this picture to see my crafty skills:) I assure you'll be seeing other projects very soon as I'm taking a sewing class tomorrow to learn how to put the dresses together. I might be in a little over my head....I guess I'll know for sure tomorrow!


EmK tried to last all night, but she just couldn't do it.....


What a FUN weekend!

6 comments:

Ashley Matteo said...

im glad yall had fun and the wedding went well. the dresses were gorgeous that EmK was wearing, and you did a great job smocking! have fun at your class

Anonymous said...

Thought everyone looked beautiful. Loved the pictures. Amy and Josh looked very happy. Your dress you made EmilyK looked really good. What an awesome looking family!!! Everyone looked wonderful. Love Memee

Shannon said...

You did a great job on the dress! I am super impressed with your skills :)

Anonymous said...

The dresses were beautiful Carrie. I love smocked dresses and yours will be more special because you made them yourself. Ms. Karen

Kelley Brown said...

That white dress was beautiful!!! And you did an awesome job smocking the pink dress!

Anonymous said...

these pics are precious! EmK is such a little cutie... and i must say i am SO impressed with your smocking skills!

memi